I have ventured into San Francisco to participate in the conference for the American Theatre Critics Association #ATCA. This is my first conference as a new member. I have also been spending a lot of time hearing about the fact that I graduated from high school 20 years ago. This causes me to reflect on my senior trip, to New York City, as a young Utahn who really knew very little about the world and even less about art and theatre, though I had well worn CDs and CD jackets of lyrics and felt myself to be an expert of epic proportions. Of course, now I am older and wiser and see theatre all over, have been to many places all over the country, lived in two of the best theatre meccas in the United States, and can calmly and eloquently give my expert opinion. Ha! If you believed that last part, you have no clue who I really am. Every time I come to a new place, I feel like that niave yet excited 18 year old who felt like a rebel stepping into a bar to find ...
Comments
Post a Comment